Friday, January 14, 2011

Painting our faces, and dressing in thoughts from the skies.

It's Jess here, you can tell by the fact that I used song lyrics for the title of the post. Note that fun fact for future reference. 

I just thought I'd post a few photos that I've taken recently so you can get a taste of what they're like and such, but in the future I will try to post photos such as these on the day they're taken, to give the whole blog a sense of continuity, if you will. 



This first photo is not one that I would consider to be a particularly good photo in and of itself, but it shows a ridiculous sky, which is something that can always make me whip my camera out, no matter how inconvenient the timing is.


I guess the point of this photo is to show that I get addicted to editing sometimes. Not really a good trait, I know, but I'm trying to detox currently. The day this photo was taken was overcast, with boring, flat clouds that made everything look dull. Or maybe that was just me rushing to get home when I realised my 'short venture up the street' was extending towards the two hour mark.


This photo, like the first, is minimally edited and quite a lucky shot, but I love it nonetheless. The day this was taken, Cassie and myself braved the cold of an early winter morning and jumped on our bikes, heading for Lake Tuggeranong in time to catch the sunrise. The gods of landscape photos were kind to us, and we managed to get some spectacular exposures, far more so than I expected. Excuse the low quality of this one, this is a download from facebook that's been re-uploaded here, because the original is on my extrenal hard drive, which is currently inaccessible.


This photo is included because I couldn't post a collection of photos without including one crazy looking one taken in my backyard. There's really no other story behind it than that, sorry to disappoint.
The only editing inflicted on this photo was a basic conversion to black and white.

Hopefully these photos have given you a taste of what might be in store if you bother reading this blog, or at least confirmed your suspicions that they're not all that great so you can return to your lives without fretting about checking back here. ;)
Jess. x

0 comments:

About This Blog

We're just two girls from Canberra with weird obsessions. This blog will mainly be used to showcase our photographic endeavours, with the possible addition of anything else that pops into our heads.

Find Us

Find us on facebook:

And on lookbook:

You can reach us via email at cj-photography@live.com.au

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP